Now the Protein Bread Co bread mix is super easy, add some water, an egg some salt and mix it up, pour it in and cook and you have a delicious protein bread loaf for your breakfast, lunch and snacks perfect with the added benefits of protein, flaxseeds, almond meal and delicious with your eggs! This contains a massive 42.8g of protein per 100g (that’s nearly 15g per serve once prepped!)
But its not like me to stick to the directions, so I decided to get creative.
1 1/2c the Protein Bread Co bread mix
2 whole eggs (or 1 large)
Pinch of Oregano
Plain or spelt flour
Toppings – pick and choose
Sweet potato – mashed and seasoned
Passata or BBQ sauce
Salt reduced tomato paste
Chicken breast shredded
Leg ham shredded
Onion – stewed
Salt and pepper
1. Set oven to 180 degrees. Like 2 baking trays.
2. Combine your bread mix with 1 egg to start, seasoning, salt and 1tbsp water and work together. If to dry add another egg or additional tbsp water.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out to about 1/2cm thick and cut into circles (use a cutter) place onto your baking tray.
4. Bake for 10 minutes then remove.
5. Add your Toppings and combinations! Get creative here! (See below for suggestions)
6. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden.
Add additional toppings
Some of mine included;
– ham cheese pineapple
– mashed sweet potato, topped with cheese, chicken, beetroot
– mashed sweet potato with feta and egg cracked in the middle topped with relish and avocado
– curry paste with steak pieces, onion and mushrooms with feta
– BBQ sauce with chicken, mushroom, onion and cheese
– sweet potato with beetroot, zucchini strips with feta. Topped with Greek yogurt
– tzatziki with lamb, feta and capsicum topped with Greek yogurt
– garlic sauce with smoked salmon, feta and capers with Greek yogurt and rocket
– mashed sweet potato topped with ham, corn and cheese of choice topped with Greek yogurt
Twisted Bread sticks
1. Combine your ingredients into a bowl and combine well. Set aside to thicken up slightly.
2. Set oven to 170degrees and line a baking tray.
3. Break some off and roll out onto a floured surface into a thin strip of dough. Repeat with additional piece of dough to the same length. Twist the two pieces together and pinch ends together. Place onto your tray and repeat with remaining dough. Make as long as you like.
4. Brush with lightly whisked egg and bake for 20minutes until golden.
5. Allow to cool fully and use with a dip.
Thai style dip;
3tbsp Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream. 2tsp organic red Thai curry paste. Marble through yogurt and drizzle with some olive oil. Sprinkle with Gourmet Morsels macadamia and lemon Myrtle dukkah and pine nuts.
There are so many other ways I would like to play around with this mix but unfortunately I ran our after my Pizza extravaganza (so worth it). You could follow the bread stick recipe but instead roll out really thin, cookie cut or slice, bake until golden and presto ‘corn ships’ for dips, sauces, nachos? I would also love to make this into a zucchini bread or even into tasty Pizza Scroll – just make into one big pizza base into rectangle shape, load some toppings, roll up and bake. maybe even use for pizza ‘toast’ under the grill? Or chop up once you cook your loaf, bake in the oven into crisp cubes and you have protein croutons for your salad? Options are endless if you don’t close it up!
What would you suggest? Or may you have, or will be making some yourself? Let me know your ideas!