500g large portobello or brown mushrooms (dried shiitakes will also work well) sliced.
50g organic butter
4 spring onions chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped/minced
1tsp lemon or normal thyme.
2tsp plain flour
4c (1L) salt reduced chicken stock
chives and thyme and pine nuts for garnish.
salt and pepper
For the Kenwood kCook
1. Combine all your ingredients into your kCook with the paddle in except for the cream.
2. Press the start/pause button and set your kCook to to 30minutes, high temp and the ‘one pot’ option. Ensure the lid is secure and press the pause/start button to commence cooking.
3. Once completed remove the lid combine the flour with a little milk or water to form a paste and add in and gently whisk in the cream. Do not add to boiling soup.
4. serve with your garnishes.
For the stove top
1. Thinly slice your mushrooms. melt your butter in a pan and cook the spring onion, garlic and thyme for about 1minutes until garlic is golden. Add the mushrooms and season and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1minute.
2. Remove from the heat and add the stock stirring continuously to avoid flour clumping. Return to the heat and bring to the boil for 3-4 minutes. Stop the boil and whisk in your cream continuously stirring. Season to taste and serve with garnishes.
Read about the kCook here.