3 sheets Puff pastry
3 sheets shortcrust pastry
1tsp Cinnamon ground
2tsp Cumin ground
2tsp Coriander ground
2tsp Curry powder
1tsp Paprika ground
3tsp Thai red curry paste
1can 300ml coconut milk
750g chicken thigh chopped small
1 brown onion diced
1 carrot chopped
1c sweet corn (or 1 can)
2tsp ginger paste (or half inch grated)
2tsp garlic paste (or 3 cloves)
1tbsp Cornflour and milk to thicken
Coconut oil to cook
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prep your ingredients.
2. Heat coconut oil in your large pot and cook your onion and carrot till soft with the garlic and ginger. Add in half your chicken and cook. Remove from the pan and cook your other batch of chicken.
3. Add the rest of the chicken back to the pot with your spices and toss through. Add your coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
4. Add your paste and stir in well. Add in your corn.
5. Combine a couple heaped teaspoons of cornflour into a small cup with some milk and add a tbsp of this mix at a time and stir in as it thickens. Add enough to desired thickness.
6. Add your corn and stir in.
7. Now cooked add remove from heat and allow to cool before putting in the fridge.
8. Use your mix once cooled to either make mini pies in a pie maker or as one large. For a large blind bake your shortcrust first (place into your pie dish and line with baking paper and top with either rice or pastry beads-blind bake for about 12-15minutes.) fill with your mix and place your puff pastry ontop and poke some holes in. Brush with some whisked egg. Bake for about 25minutes on 180degrees until golden.
Remove from oven and serve
Options: add in potato or choice and peas
If cooking mini pies these freeze awesome just defrost in the microwave then into the oven for twenty minutes to heat and crisp up!