Cherry Berry Oats
serves 2 or 1 hungry monster
1c whole oats *
1c warm water
1c almond breezes vanilla almond milk
1tbsp goji berries
1 scoop Nuzest smooth vanilla pea protein **
1tsp Heilala vanilla bean paste
Coconut oil for cooking
10g dried or fresh blueberries
1tsp Coconut Magic coconut sugar
10 cherries pitted
3 medjool dates
1tbsp Crio Bru cacao nibs for topping
1tbsp chopped walnuts for topping
Additional honey for drizzling
1. Soak your oats in the water with the goji berries for 1hr prior to using (this helps the cooking process later). Or overnight ready for cooking for breakfast!
2. After the soaking heat a pot on medium heat and melt your coconut oil and add your topping ingredients (except the walnuts, cacao nibs and additional honey) together. Cool for about 5minutes stirring occasionally until they all soften up and delicious. Set aside.
3. Cook your oats on the stove or microwave.
For the stove: heat your pot and add your oats with you honey, vanilla, additional almond milk and cook until the liquid absorbed to desired thickness (I think 5-10 minutes is perfect) stir want cooks then remove from heat and stir in your protein until all absorbed and pour into your bowl.
For the microwave: combine your oats with you honey, vanilla, additional almond milk and cook until the liquid absorbed to desired thickness (about 3minutes on high stir after 2) stir in your protein off the heat and pour into your bowl.
4. Top with your cherry berry topping, crumble your walnuts or other nuts over top, your cacao nibs and drizzle with additional honey! Yummmy
* can use steel cut or quick oats just adjust cook time
** can use any other flavour protein