3/4c basmati or brown rice
1 chicken stock cube
½ leek chopped (1c)
2 cloves of garlic crushed
4 sprigs of thyme
4 large Portobello mushrooms sliced
3c cauliflower florets chopped (500g)
Coconut oil to cook
Salt and pepper
1can coconut milk (270ml)
2 scoop Bulk Nutrients Natural Rice protein powder
To Serve: Chilli, thyme sprigs and spring onion to serve
Optional: add chicken
Note: you can use all stock instead of the water/stock cube combination
1. Heat your soup pot and add your rice and 2c water with your stock cube and cook for 20 minutes, stirring to prevent the rice sticking. Add your coconut milk after 20minutes and cook for another 10.
2. Sauté your chopped leek, mushrooms and garlic with coconut oil, thyme and mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Sauté your cauliflower florets until some golden colouring with salt and pepper and some coconut oil.
4. Add the leek/mushroom mix, cauliflower and additional 1c water to the rice mix and stir well to combine. Cook for another 20minutes until softened and stir every so often.
5. Stir in your pea protein well and ensure no clumps. If really thick just add a touch more water or stock.
6. Use a hand soup blender to blend your mix if you want to reduce some of the clumpy vegetables otherwise it will be good to serve with the addition of some garnish!
1. Set your kCook to setting 3, 30minutes and highest heat with the stirring blade. Select one pot and add 2c water, your rice and stock cube and place the lid on. Press start.
2. After 20minutes add your coconut milk and return to cooking.
3. Meanwhile sauté off your leek, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms with some coconut oil in a pan. Set aside.
4. Sauté your cauliflower florets until some golden colouring with salt and pepper and some coconut oil.
5. Add the leek/mushroom mix, cauliflower and additional 1c water to the rice/coconut mix and give a quick stir to combine. Return the lid on and select the one pot option again, setting 3, high heat and set your timer to 20minutes with the stirring paddle. Press start and leave to cook.
6. Once completed remove the stirring paddle and add in the chopping blade, hold the ‘chop’ button for 30seconds. Remove and add in your 2scoops rice protein (if using) and stir in well to combine.
Read about the kCook here