These are my never fail cookies and my absolute favorite people always love them!
I have made them in so many varieties from pecan and dark chocoalte, white chocolate and cranberry and white chocolate macadamia, really the options are endless even white chocolate and apricot would be delicious!
This time I had no white chocolate so it was dark chocolate and cranberries, I also only had a block of chocolate not chocolate bits which required manual chopping of the chocolate but that’s okay just do this roughly you will be fine!
1c (150g) plain white flour
1c (150g) self raising flour
1/2c caster sugar
1/2c brown sugar
250g butter softened
1tsp vanilla bean paste
250g dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays.
2. Whisk your butter and sugar until pale and creamy then add our egg and vanilla and continue to whisk until well incorporated.
3. In a large bowl sift in your flours. add your butter mix to the flour and combine well. add your chocolate and cranberries and combine in.
4. Take 1 1/2-2tbsp sized amounts of mix and shape into balls and press down lightly on your tray
5. Bake for 10-12minutes until golden remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
6. You may need to do a couple of batches in the oven.
Brown sugar creates a more chewy cookie
These were eaten in like half a day when I took them to work
Bake for less time if you make them smaller, they do rise and spread a bit due to the SR flour inclusion!
Sub the chocolate amounts for the same amounts when changing, the same goes for the nuts/dried fruit switches. You could even add oats!