For the shortcrust
300g plain all purpose flour
145g butter softened
2-3tbsp iced water
For the Filling
1/2c caster sugar
2c thawed blackberries
1/2c desiccated coconut
1. Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In your kCook, with the processor attachment add your flour and butter. Use the Pulse selection and begin to combine. Add 1tbsp of the iced water at a time and bring together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Form into a ball on a floured surface and cover in cling wrap. Set aside while you make your filling.
4. Combine your caster sugar, honey and thawed berries in a bowl, if you need to heat in the microwave slightly first do this for 30second intervals. set aside once combined.
5. Take your dough and on a floured surface and a floured rolling pin roll out to 3mm thickness. Slice into your desired sized rectangles or chosen shape all equal in length and width. You will need to re-roll the remaining cuts of dough for your parcels. We made 9 parcels so 18 rectangles were cut.
6. place one piece of pastry onto your lined baking tray and top with your blackberry mix then with some of the coconut. Place the other piece of pastry over top and press the sides together with a fork for seal.
7. Wash over with your egg wash (could use milk) and sprinkle with icing sugar. Repeat until all mix is used.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
9. enjoy with cream and ice-cream!
You can read y full kCook review here.