On the way home from work yesterday, Jarod and I got discussing Ginger Bread, now I LOVE this and he informed me so does his partner, but she loves it soooo much that she doubles, sometimes triples the spice inclusion so he can sometimes be overwhelmed with spices. So when I got home last night, all I wanted to do was make some ginger bread, but for something different I went with a loaf 🙂
Today I have had the tick of approval and recommended people heat it up with lashings of butter.. no this one is not a healthy recipe! But I also think I overcooked it slightly, so I have noted a reduced cooking time in my recipe, but I recommend keeping an eye on it after the 30minute mark!
Ginger Bread Loaf
100g golden syrup
100g treacle or molasses
65g brown sugar
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp baking powder
175g plain flour
1. Set your own to 180 degrees
2. Line a loaf tin
3. Combine your sugar, butter, golden syrup and treacle. You can melt and combine in a saucepan or as i did on 1minute intervals in the microwave stiring between each until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Combine your milk and eggs and whisk. In intervals add your flour/spices/baking powder to your syrup mix and begin to stir in with a whisk, add some of your milk mix next and continue in 1/3 intervals until all combined.
5. Pour into your loaf tin and place into the oven
6. Cook for about 40-45minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.